Able Seaman is needed at a Multinational Marine / Maritime Services Group – Ascentech Services Limited
JOB TITLE: Able Seaman
- The incumbent in this position will be required to work on a ship, acting as a utility man who will perform duties not limited to look out, scaling and assisting in the operation and handling of all gear, machinery and in letting go and tying up of the vessel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the deck utility man and can be called upon to perform any one of many tasks
- Stands deck department watches and performs variety of duties to preserve painted surfaces of ship and to maintain lines, running gear, and cargo-handling gear in safe operating condition
- Watches from bow of ship or wing of bridge for obstructions in path of ship.
- Mops or washes down deck, using hose, to remove oil, dirt, and debris.
- Chips and cleans rust spots from deck, superstructure, and sides of ship, using hand or air chipping hammer and wire brush.
- Standing as lookout, scaling and chipping paint, painting, handling lines during the mooring of the ship, and assisting in the actual letting go and tying up of the vessel
- Assisting in the operation and handling of all deck gear including cradling, topping and housing of booms
- Scale, buff, and paint decks; scrub, sweep, and wash deck; splice wire and rope; loosen cargo at end of voyage; launch and recover boats, and secure or fasten cargo to ship/vessel.
Education, Skills & Competencies, Training, Experience & General Requirements:
- ND / HND / BSc / BEng in a Science, Engineering and/or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of sailing / on-board vessel experience
- Certificate of Competency or Certificate of Equivalent Competency in Basic Safety Training
- Valid International Passport
- Seaman Mandatory certificate
- Seafarers Medical Report / Certificate
- Seaman Discharge Book / Certificate and other relevant Documentation.
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Proficiency in Security Awareness and in Designated Security Duties
- Proficiency in Medical First Aid or Proficiency in Medical Care
- Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting.
- Ability to work with odd workers without losing focus
- Physically fit and strong.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the “Job title” as subject of the email
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Maritime Services / Shipping|
|Deadline||30th June, 2020.|