JOB TITLE: Accountant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, compiling grant applications and expenditures reporting, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, maintaining records retention, and assisting the Principal and Senior Accountant in preparation of miscellaneous confidential correspondence
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- A first degree in Accounting, Accountancy or Banking and Finance is a must.
- Applicant must have at least 4 – 6years of practicing experience as an Accountant in a similar industry.
- Applicant must be a Professional Member of ICAN or ACCA
- He/she must be able to use Msword, (Spreadsheet) Excel, PowerPoint, and other Accounting Software at a professional level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliations.
- Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into General Ledger.
- Uses statistical, economic, and financial principles and techniques to prepare reports including the state Annual Report of Clinics and federal Uniform Data System reports.
- Assists the Financial Analyst with all grant application budgets for review by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Provides complex analysis and reasonableness tests to the budgeting process relating to Federal and State programs.
- Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
- Coordinates and maintains miscellaneous grant billings and reports; verifies all billings are complete and reconciled to the general ledger, and complies with complex grant expense reports as required by the grantors.
- Monitors and submits for mailing all periodic financial documents required by the interested creditors, grants, and government agencies.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer in the compilation of miscellaneous confidential reports for use in collective bargaining unit negotiations.
- Supports and backs up the Payroll Clerk during vacations and absences, maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
- Maintains best-fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must study Accounting, Accountancy, or Banking and Finance in the First Degree.
- Must have a valid professional license such as ICAN, ACCA, etc
- Must have at least 4 – 6 years of proven post-NYSC / Certificate work experience for this position.
Deadline: September 30, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|