JOB TITLE: Adherence Counselor
JOB LOCATION: OSS, Anambra, Nigeria
- FHI 360 will provide both facility-based and community-based comprehensive HIV services to KP through integrated community-based one stop shop clinics (OSS) and key population friendly health facilities (KPFHS)- faith-based, private, and public. The OSS clinic model is a type of community-based differentiated ART service delivery model for KP. The KPFHF is aimed at sustainability and ownership of KP care through provision of ART services to KP in a conventional healthcare.
- The OSS will have full continuum of staff (Front Desk Officer, Clinician, Pharmacist, Triage Nurse, Laboratory Scientist, Adherence Counsellor, Psychologist and Data entry clerk, case managers, janitor, and security personnel).
- The OSS will be a Safe haven to members of the key populations community as it will provide non-biased, non-stigmatizing and nonjudgmental friendly services to the designated populations. The OSS will be opened to members of the populations for all 5 working days of the week from 8:00am to 5:00pm on daily basis. However, there will be context specific service provision utilizing extended hours of service provision to address the need of clients who may not be disposed to visit the OSS during working hours or working days as arrangements can be made to visit at weekends based on discussions with the service providers at the facility.
The specific objectives of the KP intervention include:
- To create a supportive environment for key populations and foster community empowerment by providing a venue for relaxation, recreation, peer support, income generation and other activities to address underlying social factors such as SGBV and social marginalization.
- To provide health education and promote safer behaviors (including safer sex and safe injection) to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV and STIs.
- To provide an integrated package of HIV/STI/RH services tailored to the needs of the KP clients through ‘friendly’ service providers who are sensitized and trained to serve KP.
- To serve as a distribution point for condoms, lubricants and needles/syringes and other key commodities to reduce HIV transmission.
- To build the capacity of KP CBOs to implement comprehensive HIV prevention and health promotion interventions.
- The main responsibility will be to provide education about HIV-related issues and adherence counseling services at One-Stop-Shop (OSS) for Key Populations (KPs) and their partners.
- Provide psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment/PrEP preparation to KPs and their partners in the OSS.
- Identify and address challenges/barriers to adherence to care and treatment to ART for KPs and PrEP for their partners.
- Organize and facilitate support group sessions for infected and affected KPs.
- Address aspects of behavior change in relation to HIV and ART.
- Conduct Sexual network tracking/Partner notification services.
- Facilitate the delivery of PWP information to clients enrolled in OSS.
- Participate in home visits as appropriate to execute plan of care for clients.
- Ensure client records are well maintained and compile periodic reports as necessary.
- Ensure proper referral of patients where necessary including following up and reporting on the outcomes as necessary.
- Coordinates patient tracking activities supported by the Case Managers including documentation and reporting of defaulter tracing activities.
- B.Sc in Nursing / Nursing Midwife
- Nurse Educator
- Diploma in Counseling Psychology
Experience & Skills:
- 3 – 4 years’ experience, 1 year of which should be as an Adherence Counselor in HIV service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: [email protected]a.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Members of Key populations are strongly advised to apply.
Deadline: October 8, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|