JOB TITLE: Admissions Officer
JOB LOCATION: Benin City, Edo
- Develop innovative communication strategies, student recruitment strategies and enrolment plans in coordination with Senior Leadership team to attract and enroll more students.
- Provide support to prepare admission related presentations and host student receptions. Manage the admission process end to end; from indication of interest to advise of parent/students about the programs offered, admission procedure, eligibility and costs involved.
- Manage Admissions queries (in person, on the phone, by e-mail)
- Manages applications and student documentation, creating physical files, and entering new/updated data on the system;
- Analyse the applications of prospective students based on standard admission policies.
- Contact parents if placements are available, to confirm interest and arrange assessments; Liaise with the Exams officer to co-ordinate the entrance exams.
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership team to conduct interviews in accordance with the school’s admissions policy.
- Ensure that initial ‘benchmark’ testing Yellis & Midyis is undertaken by all incoming students.
- Prepare Acceptance Letters and contact parents if applicant is successful/unsuccessful.
- Allocating classes to the new students in consultation with VP Academics.
- Liaise with finance regarding attendance data, leavers and bank transactions;
- Provide reports and prepare other information for the Senior Leadership team, the governing body as required.
- Be present and participate in school events, and especially those where parents and visitors are present.
- Make sure all admissions documentation is current and up to date (such as application form, admission policy, admission letter, etc.).
- To carry out any other duty as may be reasonably required by SLT and the Vice Principal.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a directly related role
- Knowledge, skills and Abilities Required.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of units, curricula, and use of IT systems.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
- Ability to gather data, complete information, prepare reports and be able to develop and deliver presentations.
- Sound knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Energetic, highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively. Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases.
- Ability to design and write promotional materials will be an advantage
- Professional disposition and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Result oriented, target driven proactive and solution minded attitude.
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity for growth.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|