TITLE: 2021 MO IBRAHIM Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program, URPR
Reference: ADB / 21 / 025
LOCATION: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50080938
Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship position in the African Development Bank (the “Bank”). The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or in any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
- The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
- The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders.
- The priority for the 2021 selection of the Mo Ibrahim Fellow is the Bank’s High 5 areas (lighting up and powering Africa; Feeding Africa; Industrializing Africa; Integrating Africa and Improving the quality of life for the people of Africa).
- The key competences are top-notch professional experience in private sector and strong policy analytical skills at all levels and ability to run models.
- The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career or/and new executives.
The Fellow must:
- Be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- Not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother;
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
The Application Process
- Applicants must apply online before the deadline.
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- The selection process will include the Bank’s Human Resources Department carrying out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be further reviewed by the Foundation. A short list of three (3) candidates will be presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
- Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
- This position is not a regular position of the African Development Bank. The contract for this assignment is for a period of one (1) year and is not renewable. Funding is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected]
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: March 15, 2021
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|