JOB TITLE: Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-1 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
- Under the direction of the Senior AME officer, the aim of the AME Officer is to support in the effective implementation of all appraisal, monitoring and evaluation work for ACTED at the field level.
Monitor and Report on Field Level AME Activities:
- Under the direction of the Senior AME officer , monitor and report on project AME work plans and activities as per the geographic scope of the position;
- Prepare and submit weekly AME progress reports, outlining achievements, challenges and progress;
- Work closely with other units in order to provide information for mapping, proposal development and reporting; liaise with partner / collaborating organizations for AME activities, as required;
- Responsible for coordinating AME related logistics and financial procedures at the field level; and
- Perform additional tasks as per the request of the Line manager.
Development of AME ToRs, Data Collection Tools and Methodologies:
- Assist in the design of AME methodologies, data collection terms of reference (TORs) and the development of data collection tools to monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTEDs projects for field level activities (including, but not limited to, Post-distribution monitoring, Needs Assessments, Asset Baselines/Verification, Beneficiary verification);
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are in-line with expected project goals, objectives and measure the defined indicators;
Facilitate the Collection of Accurate, Reliable and Useful Data for Project Implementation and Development:
- Plan and conduct field-level data collection missions, ensuring the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data;
- Provide field supervision and plan logistical arrangements for conducting AME activities, including training of enumerators;
- Supervision of data entry and conduct data checking/cleaning for quantitative and qualitative.
Management of Internal and External Relationships:
- Supervision of AME Assistants & Enumerators, including development of work plans;
- Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures; and
- Provide inductions and trainings to staff outside of the AME unit, to ensure AME principles and practices are understood and utilized across all programme units.
Proactively Ensure Organizational Learning through the Documenting and Follow-up of Lessons Learned:
- Capture and record field-level learnings through regularly updating the LEARN database;
- Follow-up and support programme teams on the implementation of recommendations and learnings;
- Proactively identify challenges and risks faced by programme implementation teams and escalate to the AME Manager.
Ensuring Proper and Timely Information Management for all Field Level Activities:
- Ensuring all AME documents are properly stored as per the AME Unit’s Information Management Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Manage and Promote ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM):
- Establish, implement and monitor the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures; including receiving, documenting and managing complaints through telephone hotline, in writing and in person;
- Treat urgent and/or sensitive complaints with the immediate attention they require, and ensure a fast resolution;
- Promote the CRM internally and externally to ensure the CRM is known and accessible to all of ACTED’s beneficiaries
Support the Management in Creating an Environment safe from SEA:
- Responsible for the developing and coordinating the implementation of the ACTED PSEA strategy.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
The AMEU Officer will be appraised based on his/her experience and demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below:
- A university degree in International Development / Development Management, Sociology, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation in Social Work or related field is required. Post-graduate studies or diploma an advantage.
- Two (2) years of progressive professional work experience in a similar position with non-governmental organizations – at least one of these must be in humanitarian emergency work, preferably in food security, shelter, CCCM, or WASH.
- Knowledge of assessments methodology, data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, and database management applications/ statistical programs (i.e. KoBoToolbox).
- Familiarity with the Project Cycle Management, logical frameworks, and SMART objectives.
- Strong organizational, coordination, and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English.
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Any local language from Borno is an advantage.
- Accurate, reliable, organized, open-minded, and a positive attitude at all times!
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas or unstable security environments, where services are limited
- Commitment to ACTED’s mission, vision, values, and policies. High level of confidentiality required.
Deadline: May 27, 2021
|Job Category||Monitoring & Evaluation|