JOB TITLE: Art / Humanities Teacher
JOB LOCATION: Lugbe, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We need a Humanities teacher with an outstanding track record of teaching Art / Humanities in Secondary School.
- The ideal candidate must possess a pleasant disposition that will enhance the learning process; and engage students in meaningful and fun activities, creating an environment conducive to learning.
- Compose lesson plans in order to successfully incorporate the full duration of each lesson.
- Execute lessons efficiently using different styles of teaching depending on the content.
- Take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- Encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- Encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- Check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- Set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- Keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- Attend scheduled meetings in the Humanities Department and school.
- To work with colleagues in the Humanities Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Art / Humanities or related field (+ PGDE)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in teaching Art/Humanities subjects.
- TRCN Certificate is an added advantage
- Must be fluent in speaking English language.
- The ability to compile lesson plans efficiently.
- The ability to execute lessons with meaning, in a fun, and engaging manner.
- Computer Skills is also relevant.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: October 10, 2021
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|