JOB TITLE: Assistant Technical Officer, Community Mobilization
JOB LOCATIONS: Cross River and Taraba
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
- The Assistant Technical Officer, Community Mobilization will ensure effective mobilization and engagement with the various stakeholders at community, LGAs and state level for successful project implementation.
Essential Job Functions
- Support community-driven approaches to COVID-19 response activities.
- Facilitate stronger linkages and partnerships between the project and other implementing partners.
- Develop and implement project community engagement strategies.
- Lead advocacy efforts to mobilize political and social commitment and human resources for the project at all levels.
- Establish/strengthen referral systems for COVID-19 case management
- Provide guidance for social mobilization efforts at all levels as well as work closely with various partners and broad range of stakeholders that include TBAs, Faith Based Leaders, Traditional and Paramount Leaders, Youth, CSOs and LGA PHC units to conduct mobilization activities at all levels in order to increase uptake of COVID-19 prevention and mitigation activities
- Coordinate mapping exercises and documentation of community resources (TBA/FBO/CSO/CBO relating to COVID-19 response in order to ascertain positive engagement
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for appropriate training for social mobilization team to build their competence mobilization techniques.
- Identify community issues/challenges and develop strategies to address these issues/challenges for effective implementation of the campaign portfolio
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with the LGA social mobilization team to ensure an integrated and comprehensive approach to community mobilization, advocacy, and networking.
- Prepare regular reports and other briefs on mobilization activities to project coordinator
- Other duties as may be assigned periodically.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Sociology, Community Development, Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences with 1 – 3 year post national youth service experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and other related public health issues for Cameroon refugees in Nigeria specifically.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues in program implementation and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- High degree of proficiency in all the local languages is highly desirable.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|