JOB TITLE: Assistant Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
JOB LOCATIONS: Cross River & Taraba States
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Officer
- The Assistant Technical Officer Monitoring & Evaluation, under the supervision of the Technical Officer, is responsible for the technical oversight for the implementation of M&E activities for the project.
- The Assistant Technical Officer, M&E will work with others in the LGA including local implementing partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the state-level staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on donor and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to sites at LGA, including interacting with site Program Managers, M&E focal points, state government M&E officers, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, oversee the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized and mobile data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Provide technical assistance to M&E officers at LGA level in reporting COVID-19 surveillance data
- On a monthly basis, analyze state-level data and provide approved reports to State Office, Country Office and local partners or other relevant parties.
- Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor guidelines.
- Represent FHI 360 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of surveillance programs in the fields by review of current literature; be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation
- Knowledge of Nigerian diseases surveillance systems
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and any of the local language.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 75% time.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Monitoring & Evaluation|