JOB TITLE: Assistant Technical Officer, Nursing
Requisition ID: 2021202039
JOB LOCATION: Bama LGA, Borno
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
- Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards / precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.)
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- BSc. Nursing, Public health or other closely related field with 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian organization is highly desirable
- Understanding of Kanuri is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the LGA is required.
- Ability to respect and maintain medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- Excellent spoken and written Local and English languages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience working in clinical setting is an asset.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
- Results quality Orientation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Service Orientation, Stress Management
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
Compassionate with good communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Must be computer literate.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline|