Aviation Officer P3 is needed at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
JOB TITLE: Aviation Officer P3
Requisition #: 121308
LOCATIONS: Maiduguri, Nigeria; Kinshasa, DRC; Malakal, South Sudan
Maiduguri, Nigeria Organizational Context:
- WFP is seeking to fill the position of Aviation Officer P3 level, based in Maiduguri, Nigeria, where the United Nations Humanitarian Air Service, managed by WFP, has its main base and from where 13 destinations are served moving more than 66,000 passengers for 90 organizations on annual basis.
- The UNHAS fleet in Nigeria is composed by 1 fixed wing aircraft and 4 helicopters.
Kinshasa, DRC Organizational Context:
- WFP is seeking to fill the position of Aviation Officer P3 level, based in Kinshasa, DRC, where the United Nations Humanitarian Air Service, managed by WFP has its main base, and from where 45 destinations are served moving more than 67,000 passengers for 188 organizations on annual basis.
- The UNHAS Fleet in DRC is composed by 8 fixed wing aircraft and 3 helicopters.
andard Minimum Qualifications
- At least 5 years of professional relevant experience in the Aviation industry, commercial or military, in aircraft and/or airport management and ancillary aviation services, aeronautical engineering, and/or related fields.
- Advanced University Degree in Aeronautics, Aviation Engineering, Airport Management, or other related field (in aviation), or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience.
- Generic Advanced University Degree (or First University degree WITH additional years of relevant work experience) AND specific aviation certificates/licenses such as: Commercial Pilot License, Air Traffic Control License, Flight Operations Officer License (or equivalent), Aeronautical Engineer or Maintenance Engineer License.
- Aviation Military officers’ professional careers as pilots or navigator pilots.
- Fluency (proficiency/Level C) of English.
- Intermediate knowledge (Level B) of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) and/or WFP working language, Portuguese, is desirable.
- For Kinshasa, DRC duty station intermediate level of French is required.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role
- Proven experience in commercial or military aviation, with a specific focus in humanitarian air operations or food aid.
- Liaised with country authorities to facilitate air operations.
- Established methodologies for risk analysis and problem resolution.
- Experience working in a humanitarian emergency situation.
- Supervised professional staff and reviewing reports produced by staff for accuracy and compliance with quality standards.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidates will be employed on a fixed-term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||24th May, 2020.|