Job Title: Behaviour Change Communication and Campaign Officer
Location: Niger, Nigeria
- The purpose of this role is to provide technical support and leadership in the implementation of the behaviour change communication component on the World Bank ANRIN project in Niger state.
- The role will support in the design and implementation of the BCC strategy and plan, including implementing health campaigns to improve access and utilisation of children, women and adolescent girls to gender responsive nutrition counselling and services.
- The role will build and maintain existing excellent relationships with government and partners in the state.
Dimensions of the Role
The post holder will:
- Contribute to the design and implementation and monitoring of the project BCC strategy and plan.
- Work closely with government and partners to implement regular nutrition and other campaigns at state level, and organisational campaigns.
- Develop and ensure training of partners and community structures to deliver high quality counselling services.
- Support continuous monitoring, feedback and capacity building of partners and community structures.
- Lead in the design and implementation of the engagement strategy with traditional and religious leaders to promote nutritional service uptake.
- Contribute to the management and supervision of local partners working to deliver on the BCC component.
- Support the regular collation and review of reports from partners and community structures for analysis and report to inform decision making.
- Lead on the engagement of media for visibility of the project.
- Implement the male engagement strategy of the project to address social and gender barriers.
- Build on existing relationships with religious and traditional leaders and other stakeholders to advance the Gender equality and child safeguarding principles of the project and Plan International Nigeria and the donor.
- Responsible to liaison with the appropriate people in a timely and professional manner to ensure the financial, logistical and procurement issues required to implement project activities.
- With technical support from Nutrition and BCC coordinator and Nutrition Specialist, conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers and other carers at Child Friendly Spaces and in the community
- Ensure project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Facilitate cross sectoral programming and collaborate partnerships to promote project delivery.
- At field sites, liaise with other actors, local authorities, ministries and as appropriate, to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the Nutrition project, ensuring this links to reporting requirements.
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality.
- Contribute to the development of detailed implementation plan documents
- Advocate and engage media organisations to promote nutrition messaging, GE and Child safeguarding through their platforms.
- Lead on the design, production and dissemination of IEC materials, SMS, Songs and adverts to the appropriate beneficiaries for the right behaviour change
- Engage and make champions of religious and traditional leaders and other stakeholders to ensure gender transformative behaviour change in response to nutrition, GE and Child safeguarding.
- Work closely with the Gender equality, communication and child safeguarding teams at Country office.
- Design and implement project field supervisory and monitoring visits to partners, including submission of reports capturing findings, lesson learned and recommendations.
- Coordinate the provision of support partners to deliver on their tasks.
- Contribute to the weekly and other meetings at project level.
- Participate in relevant foras in the state.
- Ensure proper documentation of quality pictures and sharing with CO
- Contribute to the team building process and ensure adherence to Plan values.
- Provide oversight to partners, including work to strengthen linkages between Partners and community support structures.
- Ensure collection and storage of relevant project level data, to track progress against project outputs and outcomes, using RBM methodologies.
- Provide regular updates to supervisor and other project team members to inform project programming decision making and advocacy efforts.
- Maintain a strong relationship with Government, partners and stakeholders including donors where applicable.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Supervisor.
Administration and Finance:
- Ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare Purchase Requisition and other finance documents to ensure spending and forecasts in line with agreed budget and guidelines. This include reviewing developed budget to ensure right WBS codes are used.
- Support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistics infrastructure for the effective implementation of project activities.
Human Resource Development:
- Support the regular learning sessions on the project through development and presentation of agreed content.
- Support the HR process through participation in HR appraisal processes
Learning and knowledge management:
- Support the proper documentation and reporting of project and partner activities on the project.
- Develop Knowledge management content.
- Support resource mobilization efforts through contribution to budget preparation for proposal writing and related engagement.
- Prepare and submit relevant activity reports for domestic consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning administrative and programmatic queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Work amicably with other members of the Plan International Nigeria team to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University education in Health, Social Sciences or Development related courses
- Over 3 years experience contributing to the behaviour change component of development programmes especially health and nutrition programs in Northern Nigeria.
- Experience working with adolescents, pregnant women and children on nutrition projects.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including from government, traditional leadership, and civil society.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and monitoring inclusive, gender-equitable child friendly behaviour change programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization and engagement
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Knowledge of Hausa/ Nupe language preferred
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of project finance and administrative processes
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player
- Provides good and adequate support to enable the project meet its agreed program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties
- Travel to Programme activities to provide support where necessary.
Level of contact with children:
- High contact – the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have frequent contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Deadline: March 30, 2021
|Job Category||Knowledge Management / Communications Officer, NGO / Community Services|