JOB TITLE: Biomedical Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform operational and safety testing on all clinical equipment as well as assist other clinicals and staff on the proper usage and preventive maintenance of biomedical equipment across Lagoon Hospitals.
- Create schedules, tracking inventory, creating and using budget whilst overseeing contract obligations and deadlines
- Installs, test, calibrate, repair and provide technical support for biomedical equipment whilst keeping documentation of maintenance history across facilities.
- Ensure regular availability of Oxygen gas across Lagoon Hospitals.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of biomedical equipment and maintaining a database.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation, demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in the use and care of equipment.
- Train team members and end users across facilities on the proper use of equipment and maintenance against safety operations.
- Maintains medical / surgical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunction equipment.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to complaints against seamless operations.
- Installs new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to safety measures and making modifications where necessary
- Liaise with all service providers in evaluating service contracts, servicing equipment, and maintaining inventories.
- Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with, manufacturers.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt before sending to Head of Operations for approval.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; analyze new medical procedures to predict likely outcomes.
- Advise Medical Directors on the planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment to maximize the life span.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel whilst complying with codes.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Complete and accurate records and reports as required by management.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
Deadline: September 15, 2021
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|