Bursar is needed at a Leading Private University
JOB TITLE: Bursar
LOCATION: South West, Nigeria
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she should prod the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the institutions financial transaction including investments.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have in the past exhibited considerable degree of competence responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management
- In addition candidates should demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with financial stakeholders
- Prospective candidates must hold a minimum of Second-Class Upper Degree in Accounting or allied disciplines from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Masters degree will be an added advantage. In addition, he/she must be a registered member of either of the underlisted professional bodies
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Prospective candidates must show evidence of knowledge of ICT and its application at the highest level of efficiency in financial administration and management.
- He/she must also satisfy the requirements for the appointment of non-academic staff in the University
- The candidates should not be more than 60 years old.
- The applicant must currently not be lower than the rank of a Chief Accountant and must have minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience five (5) of which must have been spent in a University
Tenure of office/terms of Appointment
- The University Bursar shall held office for a term four (4) years, and may be eligible for re-appointment. His terms and conditions of service shall be embodied in a contract under the seal of the University.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined by the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Five (5) copies of their Application, including the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of certificates should be submitted. The curriculum vitae must include details of the candidates
- Full names
- Date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address including e-mail address and telephone contact
- Marital status:
- Number of children (with dates)
- Institutions attended (with dates):
- * Academic qualifications (with dates)
- Professional qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional bodies;
- Working experience in the university system (giving names of institution(s) and dates);
- Details of administrative, fund-attraction and managerial experience in the university system;
- Specific services to local, national and international communities (giving dates, institution/establishment and status)
- Present employment status salary and employer
- Extra-curricular activities, and
- Names and Addresses of three Referees
Application should be submitted (in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top left comet “Application for the Post of Bursar”) to:
P.O.Box 16986, Ikeja
Note: The listed Referees are to mail their Reports to the Registrar under confident cover in an envelope clearly marked “Referees’ Report for the Post of Bursar” to reach the Registrar via the address above on or before 17th June, 2020.
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|
|Deadline||10th June, 2020.|