C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator is needed at Deloitte Nigeria
JOB TITLE: C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN078
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Communication LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF C4D/Polio Programme in Borno State. The LGA Facilitator will be located at the LGA level with frequent trips to the LGAs with high numbers of missing children in key wards.
- Particular emphasis will be on communication approaches to reach the populations in all high-risk areas, to eliminate missed children due to non-compliance and maximum reach for immunisation programmes. This facilitator will support other UNICEF C4D initiatives, in respect of health, education, nutrition, WASH and child protection activities, including COVID-19 as applicable.
- Supervise team of Volunteer Ward Supervisors (VWS), Polio Survivor Group (PSG) and Volunteer community Mobilizers (VCM) in his/her area(s) through regular monitoring, capacity building and supportive supervision.
- Work within a specified LGA, with its ward and settlement teams to ensure deeper ward/settlements analysis, planning and implementation of strategic communications interventions. The specific communication interventions to be implemented in each area will be informed by local knowledge, social data and unique characteristics of the wards/settlements.
- Consult with UNICEF Borno C4D, and the State Facilitator to mobilize and ensure the effective organization and functioning of LGA Social mobilization task team.
- University Degree in the Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- At least three years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international humanitarian organisations in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Experience in social mobilization, advocacy and communication in health-related programmes, training/capacity building, team leading and team building.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Managerial and supervisory skills.
- Strong analytical(including data), negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- The role reports to the C4D/Polio State Facilitator
- The duty location covers Borno State
- The contract duration is 5 Months
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||3rd July, 2020.|