Job Title: Cashier
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Description of the Position
- The cashier ensures that the cash box and cash books are perfectly maintained, as well as monitoring, inputting and archiving accounting documents.
- S/He is in charge of his/her cash box security.
List of main tasks:
- Establish a statement of needs for liquid assets in consultation with the Administrator
- Carry out withdrawals and payment of advances, in accordance with established procedures
- Keep the advance books and cash journal
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes of the expenses
- Before recording, check that the supporting documents complies with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure that accounting documenting are translated if necessary
- Convert currencies at the line manager’s request
- Check cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Archive accounting documents in accordance with Solidarités International procedures, after a final check of supporting documentation
- Ensure cash box security and confidentiality of information.
- Minimum of two-years’ experience in finance role with an International NGO (preferably with SI)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related fields
- Knowledge of SAGA is a plus
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience in Finance and Accounting implementation.
Other desirable qualities:
- Good analytical & reporting skills,
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural enviroment,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures / Information:
- Select Cashier – Maiduguri Coordination, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
- Qualified female are strongly encouraged to apply!
Deadline: January 11, 2021
|Job Category||Administration/ Office/ Operations|