JOB TITLE: CCCM Senior Site Officer
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Management of CCCM teams:
- Devise weekly workplans and movement schedules for CCCM teams, with the CCCM Officers, ensuring day to day activities run smoothly
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to the Deputy CCCM Project Manager.
Partner Coordination and Service Monitoring:
- Oversee liaison and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites
- Liaison and coordination with local authorities, with and liaison team as needed
- Liaison with Sub sector leads (Shelter / NFI / CCCM, WASH, Education, Health and Protection)
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of service provision and standards at site level
- Report gaps or duplication in service delivery and advocate through appropriate mechanism.
Community Participation and Representation:
- Ensure establishment of community committees / governance mechanisms in the sites, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups
- Ensure regular meetings take place between CCCM teams and community, with opportunity for meaningful participation of community members
- Plan and facilitate trainings to community members, humanitarian partners, and other stakeholders on CCCM topics, with support of Deputy CCCM Project Manager.
Communications, and Community Engagement:
- Ensure workplans are in place, and approve content, for outreach, community mobilization, and information campaign activities of CCCM teams
- Ensure appropriate communications and community engagement (CCE) strategy is in place for all sites
- Oversee establishment of Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) in each of the sites, and ensure its functional implementation of Information Desk
- Proactively engage with the relevant host community to ensure.
- Oversee CCCM teams’ regular collection of information, ensuring accuracy of data and timeliness of internal reporting
- Collaborate with Information Management Officer on identification of information gaps and design / review of tools
- Compile and review data from the sites, submitting internal and external reports as required, and advocating or raising problems with Deputy CCCM Manager and CCCM Project Manager as needed.
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promote and adhere to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies
- Promote participation and inclusion of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all aspects of programming
- Ensure referral mechanisms are in place in the sites, in collaboration with Protection partners, for the provision of support to vulnerable persons
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities.
Project Management and Reporting:
- Ensure project activities are delivered according to the technical quality and timelines as agreed with the Deputy CCCM Project Manager/ Project Coordinator
- Organize regular coordination meetings of CCCM teams
- Liaison with other project staff members
- Timely and accurate submission of regular internal reporting as requested by the Deputy CCCM Project Manager / Project Coordinator.
- Line management of CCCM Assistants and functional supervision of CCCM Officers
- Identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities of CCCM teams, in coordination with line manager / TC / HR Department.
- Support the Camp Manager in the review of CCCM-related project expenses and forecasting
- Develop accurate order forms and Bill of Quantities for CCCM activities in a timely manner such as daily workers payment.
Transparency and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation in soft and hard copy.
- Responsible for ensuring all movement of CCCM teams to IDP sites is approved by the security focal point and informed to Camp Manager
- Responsible for ensuring all CCCM team members are briefed on all relevant security rules, procedures, and updates by the security focal point
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents and risks to the Deputy CCCM Project Manager security focal point.
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line manager.
Job Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 4 years experience in a project implementation position in an NGO
- At least 1 years experience in a managerial position
- Experience within CCCM is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of mobile CCCM or out-of-camp CCCM is desirable
- Excellent communication and external representation skills
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize, and multitask
- Excellent team-working skills
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written
- Good computer literacy, including smartphone use and MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is required
- Experience in Protection programming is of benefit
- Willingness to travel to Dikwa, Monguno, and Mafa on an ad hoc basis.
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: D1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Important Information and Notice
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written tests and oral interviews
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
Deadline: May 21, 2021
|Job Category||Software/ Programming / Web development|