JOB TITLE: Chief Commercial Officer
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The Chief Commercial Officer is expected to provide strategic and leadership role in the development of the company’s business opportunities.
- The Chief Commercial Officer is saddled with the responsibility of developing and implementing business development policies and as well coordinate and lead team of staff to ensure revenue optimization and effective customer service management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the establishing, managing, and monitoring of effective programs, campaigns, and processes designed to support a strong and effective revenue generation policy/program in the marketplace
- Implementation of approved sales budgets, quotas, and objectives
- Forecast and anticipate market requirements, trends, and variances
- Develop marketing strategies for new products or services that comply with current company standards
- Establish expectations and manage market activities and other key performance indicators
- Model excellence in customer service, including soliciting and resolving client enquiries and challenges, communicating applicable needs or issues to peers on the leadership team
- Collaborate with other executives to make high-level decisions regarding the budget and the direction of the company
- Create and maintain a successful brand that attracts customers to the product or services
- Work with both the marketing and customer services team to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new customers and keep current clients
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of services, capabilities, and target market characteristics
- Responsible for ensuring effective customer relationship management
- Develop business cases and opportunity analyses for new markets and solutions
- Support in the development of customer database
- Supervise the marketing and sales activities of the company
- Gathering of market intelligence from secondary and primary sources
- Carry out analysis of market data to establish trends and general movement in the major market indicators so as to identify market opportunities for the company
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Law, Accounting, Economics or any related field
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or Accounting and additional advanced training relating to utility management is highly desirable
- At least 10+ years post-graduation experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory or leadership role
- Membership of a professional body is an added advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role of Revenue/Profit Protection or Loss Prevention in a customer focused organization, with knowledge and experience in the utility industry will be preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of the energy and utilities market
- Working knowledge and understanding of customer service for the energy and utilities market
- Innovation and creativity to create brand new strategies that attract customers and succeed over the competition
- Ability to appreciate the system impact of various policies, practices, and issues strategically and holistically
- Ability to recognize trends and stay ahead of them
- Practical, pragmatic, and able to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan and execute budgets.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity and demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation and management skills.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability
Deadline: October 11, 2021