JOB TITLE: Chief Executive Officer
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The CEO is responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the energy company and will closely coordinate and work with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership team.
- He/she is responsible for creating the strategic direction as well as creating a vision for the success of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the execution of the company’s strategy as approved by the Board and drive franchise wide strategic management processes to ensure sustainable development and growth in the Company.
- Provide professional advice to the Board of Directors on current and future financial conditions and business needs.
- Maintaining regular interaction and interface with the Board of Directors on activities of the Company and providing periodic reports on the Company’s operations.
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, government entities, and the public
- Lead the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities and industry developments, etc.
- Assess risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimized.
- As part of the Board of Directors, take full responsibility for the profit and loss position of the Company.
- Ensure commercial returns with the responsibility to enhance turnover, profit and market share.
- Create an enabling environment for the execution of day-to-day strategic / operational activities in line with the directives of the Board of Directors
- Identify and prioritize issues/opportunities on an on-going basis and recommend strategies to the Board of Directors to drive shareholder value and the overall financial position of the company.
- Prepare impactful reports to drive decision-making activity for the Board
- Direct growth across the business with a focus on maintaining commercial returns and ensuring that future markets are developed, and resourced.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Represent the company at legislative sessions, committee meetings, and at formal functions.
- Present company report at Stakeholder and Board of Director meetings.
- Lead in shaping and maintaining the relationship with the Regulators/Regulating bodies
- Ensure the company meets its statutory, regulatory and stakeholder obligations to minimize risk to the business and its stakeholders.
- Provide authoritative advice on relevant regulatory/legal laws and actively promote legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Law and Business disciplines or any related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is highly desirable
- At least 15 years post qualification experience with significant experience in an energy related company.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role for a large company in terms of Balance sheet size, staffing and coverage area.
- Membership of a professional body
- Substantial experience in the areas of organizational management, Board relations, Government Relations, Human Resource Management, Finance, and Marketing.
Skills and Competencies:
- A visionary leader with experience in strategic planning and execution
- Ability to translate, develop and establish goals set by the Board of Directors
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Energy Industry
- Strong commercial acumen and the gravitas to develop profitable relationships
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and manage a high-performing organization
- Be a strategic thinker who can develop approaches that deliver growth in income.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the energy utilities market
- Have strong management experience and strong business acumen,
Deadline: October 11, 2021