Chief Financial Officer is needed at a Marine Logistics Service Company – KPMG Nigeria
JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
Ref #: 2023
Detailed Job Description
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of the company’s financial resources and ensure that all the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors for the business is achieved.
- The CFO will act as a strategic partner to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and translate the overall corporate strategy into financial and business plans and projections.
- He/ She will be responsible for overseeing tax planning to optimize the company’s tax position and ensure tax compliance accordingly.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the CFO will be responsible for building and managing effective and streamlined operations, processes and systems relating to finance, accounting, treasury and Internal Control.
- The CFO will focus on strengthening his/her team’s capacity to develop, implement and manage cost effective and efficient policies/practices, with particular attention to rigorous internal control systems and procedures.
- First degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Professional accounting/finance certification e.g .ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA
- A Masters (MBA preferred) or business-related postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, with at least 7 years in a management role.
- Knowledge of the technicalities of the oil & gas/ marine sector would be an added advantage
- Track record of accomplishments including strategic initiatives and leadership of major change efforts.
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions and financers.
- Hands on experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organization.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to provide leadership and critical control of all day-to-day aspects of finance and accounting. In addition, the CFO will be part of the senior leadership team responsible for the strategic and tactical direction of the company.
- To be responsible for ensuring the success of all financial operations.
- To provide operational and strategic oversight for the organizational finance operations
- Strategic enabler and risk manager, able to look beyond the numbers.
- Knowledgeable of a cyclical industry like the marine and logistics industry.
General Requirements for the Role:
- Matured and experienced individual.
- Has an entrepreneurial/ ownership mindset.
- Strong ability to build and lead teams, drive the organization towards a common vision and goal
- Must be a change agent, a good communicator and understands cultures drivers
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|