JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- To act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to Group senior executive leadership team.
- To assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long- term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO, ED (finance) and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Involve in process to recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division/unit and weekly cash flow by division/unit.
- Review and analyse monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop metrics for reviewing and interpreting financial performance such as financial ratios, KPI, KRI, KGI etc.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department.
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Engage with board of directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company in banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Mentor and develop a team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Oversee weekly cash management, approve low/large payables.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
Job Requirements / Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant.
- MBA from top business school preferred.
- Strong background in accounting.
- Possession of CFE, CISA, CFAN professional certifications as added advantage.
- 8+ years total accounting or finance post qualification experience.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of IFRS, FIRS, compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” – Tally ERP, SAP, experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
N150,000 – N400,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Deadline: May 24, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|