Job Title: Chief Registrar
Institution: ECOWAS Community Court of Justice
Division: Court Registry
Line Supervisor: President of the Court
- Under the supervision of the President of the Court, the incumbent shall be responsible for the judicial case management, judicial administration, records management and the provision of services for the efficient discharge of the judicial functions of the Court. The Chief Registrar will assist the Judges in the Performance of their functions.
- Director, Research & Documentation
- Deputy Chief Registrar
- Director Administration & Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attends Court sittings;
- Supervises, monitors and coordinates the activities of the Court Registry;
- Responsible for the acceptance, transmission and custody of documents under the direction of the President;
- Responsible for the preparation of minutes and records of proceedings under the direction of the President;
- Supervises, monitors and coordinates the processing and service of all applications;
- Monitors the translation of all pleadings into the official languages of the Court;
- Plans, supervises, monitors and coordinates the duties and programs assigned to the Registry Department for the accomplishment of the court’s mandate under the direction of the President;
- Supervises, monitors and coordinates Docket management, record keeping; judicial record management, automated case file management, control, indexing and retrieval mechanisms under the direction of the President;
- Prepares the Institution’s annual draft program budget under the direction of the President;
- Performs any other related tasks as may be assigned by the President.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Law from a recognized University.
- 15 years of progressively responsible experience in Law in a senior leadership capacity with a minimum of 7 years’ experience working on issues related to the ECOWAS region; experience working with Member States and delegations in the context of international organizations; extensive experience in programme and project planning, financing and oversight;
- Knowledge of policy and strategy development, change management and related issues, with broad geographical outcomes/impacts;
- Ability to lead the development, management/review of reports and papers on technical and policy issues;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS policies, management, administrative, budgetary and staffing systems, procedures and regulations;
- Progressive senior leadership experience in establishing strategic partnerships, working collaboratively and building consensus with multiple stakeholders on critical and/or complex issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click here for more information
Deadline: December 12, 2020
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|