Job Title: Child Protection Assistant
Requisition ID: req7075
Location: Monguno, Borno
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC is currently intervening to the emergency situation in Monguno resulting from the high influx of persons displaced from recent attacks in some parts of Borno through a multi-sectoral approach. The Child Protection Sector has secured funding to provide Psychosocial Support case management to Unaccompanied, Separated Children, and Children with other protection needs and to also support their caregivers. The CP team will also be working with adolescent boys, girls and their caregivers using the Supporting Adolescents and their Families in Emergencies resource package.
Candidates are desired who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economic, another Human Development related field or equivalent of experience preferred
- At least two years’ experience working to support children, adolescent girl and boys, women or parents and caregivers
- Experience with facilitation of group work with relevant populations
- A high level of motivation to assist adolescent girls and boys affected by humanitarian crisis
- A commitment to child protection and gender equality
- A learning attitude and willingness to increase skills and knowledge in the protection of adolescent girls and boys
- Experience as an active participate of social groups, with an understanding of group dynamics and processes.
- Capacity building, facilitation or training experience
- The ability to adapt and work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Kanuri
- Basic competency in computer skills.
- Security level is red. The situation in Monguno is currently calm.
|Job Category||IT Assistant|