JOB TITLE: Child Protection Case Worker
Requisition ID: req12133
LOCATION: Damaturu, Yobe
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectorial, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Gwoza and Monguno of Borno State and Damaturu of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria
- A Bachelor’s degree, HND or national diploma in Social Sciences, Education, Economic, another human development related field or equivalent of experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of information management principles, tools and systems, knowledge of and experience in using the IA CP IMS is an advantage.
- Good computer skills such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- At least two years’ experience working to support children, adolescent girl and boys, women or parents and caregivers
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- The ability to effectively communicate with children
- The ability to adapt and work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to facilitate group psychosocial activities with children and caregivers with understanding of group dynamics and processes
- A learning attitude and willingness to increase skills and knowledge in the protection of adolescent girls and boys
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- English and Hausa
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|