JOB TITLE: Citizen Engagement/Capacity Building Specialist
LOCATION: Akwa Ibom
Start Date: April 2021
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected states and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- A relevant degree or HND in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or relevant field required. Master degree is preferable.
- At least nine (9) years of relevant professional experience. Requires experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to governance activities under a USG instrument, building technical and organizational capacity of CSOs in areas advocacy planning and engagement of government and stakeholders.
- Stated experience in working for or with civil society to drive a reform agenda.
- Stated experience in community mobilization and civic engagement.
- Stated experience using facilitative, participatory approaches to organizational and technical capacity development.
- Demonstrated effective training, capacity building and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
- Previous experience or familiarity with working in activity’s priority sectors in the state will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Citizen Engagement/Capacity Building Specialist, Akwa Ibom” in the subject line of your email.
Note: Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: February 26, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|