JOB TITLE: Civil Engineer, WASH Evaluation, Nigeria
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external final performance evaluation of a Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity.
- This Activity focuses on reforming State Water Board (SWB) governance toward cost-recovery, increasing investment in infrastructure, and expanding access to water and sanitation to large unserved and underserved populations.
- The primary purpose of this final performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance achieved the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria, taking into account the findings, recommendations of the mid-term performance evaluation and the subsequent de-scoping of the Activity. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- The estimated start date will be October 4, 2021 through January 2022. The estimated LOE will be 46 days.
- SI is seeking a Civil Engineer who will provide technical support to the evaluation team.
- The Civil Engineer will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, WASH Governance Specialist, and Evaluation Specialist.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise on construction quality and support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Nigeria.
- Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Professional Engineer registration and a B.Sc Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, or related construction field.
- Must have at least five years of professional experience in the engineering and construction of civil works, water works, and/or power supply construction projects in developing countries, preferably Nigeria.
- Knowledge and technical experience implementing site plans, reinforced concrete work, and mechanical and electrical installations.
- Previous work experience evaluating quality assurance and whether the engineering systems, materials, equipment, products, and supporting processes conform to technical, safety, work load and customer requirements.
- Knowledge of USAID environmental and construction guidelines in this sector is required.
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to conduct interviews and focus group discussion and analyze the resulting data
Note: Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis, early submission is recommended.
Deadline: September 16, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|