Job Title: Clearing Supervisor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Summary / Job Description
- Manage the company’s clearing process of products. Supervise all export transactions, ensure shipments are on time and resolve any issue related to it.
- Coordinate the opening of MS and LCS forms.
- Liaise and follow up with colleagues and suppliers concerning the status of company’s shipments and proper documentation of shipping document.
- Follow up on LC transactions and check the clearing agents and shipping reports.
- Keep records of goods at the port and sea.
- Check all shipping documents.
- Ensure that clearing process is done on time in order to avoid any delays.
- Resolve all necessary issues arising on any shipment (documentation /clearing/shipping line).
- Supervise export transactions with the Export Team and ensure that reports are sent to the Head of Finance on time.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Must have operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies and terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports
- Must have knowledge of the customs and excise HS code and explanatory notes.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Skills Required
- Relevant functional skills & expertise
- Leadership skills
- Self- driven
- Need to release energy
- Performance focus & strong sense of urgency
- Need to work across boundary
- Develop capability
- Learning agility Other Requirements Work Experience
- Min 7 – 8 years of proven working experience as a Clearing Supervisor. Experience in an international trade industry is a plus.