JOB TITLE: Clinical Associate (HIV Care and Treatment)
JOB LOCATION: Taraba, Nigeria
Work Type: Regular Full-Time
Reports to: State Epidemic Control Advisor
Categories: Technical/Clinical/Quality Improvement/Training
Start Date: September, 2021
- Working under the supervision of the State Epidemic Control Advisor (with additional technical guidance and direction of the Leads for Care and Treatment, and Pediatrics and PMTCT) for the RISE project in Nigeria, the State Clinical Associate will oversee the implementation of HIV care and treatment activities in communities and health facilities in Taraba State, Nigeria.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of direct technical assistance at the service delivery level with the goal of achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control, improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
The Clinical Associate will:
- Provide technical leadership in assigned LGAs and facilities, working with designated focal persons in the Taraba State Program Implementation Team (SPIU), to communicate HIV Surge urgencies and evidence-based performance optimization strategies in assigned RISE facility(ies) and/or Local Government Area.
- Be responsible for the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of HIV care and treatment services at RISE-supported facilities including but not limited to same day ART initiation; OI screening, diagnosis and management; ARV optimization; differentiated service delivery design and implementation (including Multi-Month Dispensing); retention strategies; institutionalizing specialized clinics such as viremic clinics among others.
- Provide training, mentorship and supervision to strengthen performance and quality of care through clinical optimizers, facility and community case management teams for achieving linkage to optimized ART, client education and retention, and management of virologically unsuppressed clients.
- Support program monitoring, evaluation and reporting through the collation, analysis and reporting of process, output and outcome level data to help determine the project’s impact on patients’ clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Identify gaps in equipment and consumables in assigned facility(ies) with prompt communication for appropriate for remediation.
- Support implementation of program Quality Improvement projects (including but not limited to patient satisfaction surveys, waiting time assessments, mortality reviews and SIMS assessments) from problem diagnosis, implementing remediation plans, tracking outputs of interventions and reporting.
- Liaise with State Ministry of Health officials, SPIU members and other stakeholders in coordinating HIV care and treatment programming through technical working groups, review meetings and conferences as requested by the State Epidemic Control Advisor.
- Document project training and technical assistance activities and contribute to the production and dissemination of technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other printed resources and toolkits.
- Stay up-to-date and serve as a repository on new information and knowledge in ART clinical management and programming.
- Routinely attend and provide appropriate technical leadership in program meetings, executing resolutions within her/his purview as appropriate.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned.
- An Advanced Degree (MBBS or international equivalent) required.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year post NYSC experience; experience in the management of HIV care and treatment projects in resource limited setting preferred.
- Cultural adaptability and language skills relevant to work locations is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and coordinating clinical teams in primary and secondary level facilities in work locations is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy with competencies in MS Office Suite required.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English and oversee the production of comprehensive program reports
- Travel within assigned state in Nigeria conducting site visits for capacity building and program monitoring activities with occasional travel outside of assigned state.
Deadline: September 10, 2021
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|