Job Title: Communication Assistant – Speechwriter, Outreach and Advocacy
Ref No: 1905445
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 6 months
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
- Desirable: Degree in Journalism, Communications, Sustainable Development, International Relations or other relevant field.
- 5 years working experience in the development of all written external communications including web articles, factsheets, press releases, Annual Reports, event coverage, including photography, interviews, newsletters and other media contents
- Organization of press conferences with local and national media outlets
- Production, launch and dissemination of institutional knowledge products, including Press Releases
- Production of digital/social media materials such as tweets, Facebook Live content and short videos
- Excellent general understanding of public health, gender, equity and other related issues;
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment;
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite, and particularly in development of PowerPoint presentation materials
- Relevant work experience in WHO/UN.
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (French, Portuguese and Spanish) would be an asset.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background
- Promote WHO’s position in health leadership
- Foster integration and teamwork
- Produce results
- Respect and promote individual and cultural differences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Deadline||9th December, 2019.|