Communication Officer is needed at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
JOB TITLE: Communication Officer
LOCATION: Praia, Cape Verde
Grade: P3/ P4
AGENCY: ECOWAS Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency (ECREEE)
Department: Energy & Mines
Directorate: Administration, Finance and ICT
Line Supervisor: Principal Program Officer, Administration & Finance
Supervising: Language Assistant
- Under the supervision of the Principal Program Officer, Administration and Finance, the incumbent shall coordinate all activities related to the Communication and visibility of ECREEE.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide support in development and implementation of all Information and Communications programs and projects of ECREEE, including but not limited to capacity building, training, knowledge management, etc.; mobilize support from development partners and other stakeholders;
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of innovation and continuous improvement in support of organizational excellence and world-class performance;
- Update the Head of Division, on a regular basis, on the progress and challenges faced by the Communication Unit in the implementation of the programs and projects as well as on technical, policy or strategic issues;
- Carry out all activities aiming to enhance the image of the Centre; in charge of presenting the positive image of the centre in the public by ensuring permanent dissemination of information on the centre through the relevant communication media;
- Create and coordinate the Newsletter of the centre in order to make its activities more accessible to the public, donors and development partners;
- Ensure that the ECREEE website is functioning in a proper manner and all information and data are regularly updated in collaboration with the ICT officer;
- Define the requirements of the centre communication equipment;
- Liaise regularly with the program managers and project teams to enrich the web site and determine communication requirements for the Centre;
- Cover all activities related to workshops, seminars, conferences, forums, events, etc.. organized by the Centre;
- Serve as information focal point of the centre and its corporate image;
- Develop, implement and oversee monitoring of the long-term Communication and Public Relation Strategy of ECREEE ;
- Develop and implement actions to promote the visibility of ECREEE and acknowledgement of its policy positions and activities in regional and international policy processes and debates;
- Review projects presented to ECREEE for funding and recommend communications and capacity building actions in their support to the Head of Division;
- Undertake activities related to the communication strategy and policy of the center;
- Undertake advocacy, public information and communication activities in coordination with the other Units of ECREEE. Support the implementation of on-the-job training for Energy Ministries, Electricity Utilities, Regulatory Agencies, Private Sector and Civil Society on the design, implementation, oversight and operation of RE, EE and Energy Access projects. Support the preparation of training material, training programs and awareness-raising materials for stakeholders (including the general population, academia, NGOs and CSOs, etc.);
- Identify, publish and disseminate best practices and lessons learned to build capacity and knowledge;
- Undertake any duty assigned to him/her relating to the general communications framework.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, mass communication or related field from a recognized university.
- 5 years’ experience in journalism, communications and public relations;
- Knowledge in developing communication strategies and plans for, internal and external communication;
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex communication campaigns and events;
- Ability to conceptualize and contribute to the design of communication campaigns that target multilateral audiences;
- Proven knowledge of communication and the ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||8th August, 2020.|