Communications Assistant is needed at an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
JOB TITLE: Communications Assistant
Job Code: MSS040
- The Communications Assistant will support the development and implementation of Social, behavior and Health communication strategies and promotion of positive behavioral change.
- Support the formulation of locally appropriate IEC/BCC strategies using a mix of effective communication channels, based on national standards.
- Support the development, review and publication of success stories, documentaries, bulletins, fliers, posters, leaflets, and other health informational material on all media (print and electronic) Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns.
- Develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources.
- Provide support for the collation and review of monthly program reports for the PEARL project across all thematic area.
- Maintain and monitor functionality of CIHP website and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) such as daily monitoring, posting and content development.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Communications/ Behavioral/Social Sciences or related field,1 – 2 years’ post NYSC experience in implementing and managing public relations, branding/marketing communication or advocacy projects or campaigns in developing countries.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art public relations, marketing, social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application.
- Excellent command of English and preferably have experience in drafting documents such as proposals, reports, project plans and memos (additional language skills are an asset) Demonstrated ability to work, communicate, and build rapport with a variety of audience.
- High level computer skills. Competence in use of Microsoft Office suite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the Application Documents below in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected]
- Current CV
- Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location.
- The subject of the email should be the “Job Code, Location And Applicant Full Name”; e.g. COM 01, Abuja, ESTHER ISA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||27th May, 2020.|