JOB TITLE: Community Program Monitor
JOB LOCATION: Akwa Ibom and Cross River
Duration: Six months (Renewable based on performance and Funding)
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented byCenter for Clinical Care and ResearchNigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reducet heir vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care forOVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure theirrights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulationsdelivered
- The Community Program Monitor will support Thematic Advisors by providing regular training/support, accompaniment and technical support to CCCRN/ICHSSA 1 project primarily on identification, enrollment, assessment, development of care plans, referral monitoring and graduation of OVC in the scale-up and sustained support SNUs
- S/he will undertake regular mentoring and field visits to review case files of enrolled households and provide supportive supervision to Community Case Workers (CCWs), documenting service provision and promoting shared learnings across CSO partners and other actors.
- Provide regular feedback on performance management of enrolled household and OVC to the management of CCCRN ICHSSA 1 project and CSO Partners for decision making.
- Support CCCRN ICHSSA 1Thematic specialist to implement and disseminate updated guidance, standard operating procedures and other job-aids to facilitate better OVC case management and referral at the household and community levels.
- Assist in validation of enrolled households by visiting homes of children infected and affected by HIV managed by Civil Society Organization (CSO) partners in designated wards and LGAs.
- Ensure case files are properly documented with appropriate OVC tools, home-based care forms, school visits forms and referral service forms, for other OVC and HIV services.
- Support CCCRN ICHSSA 1 CSOs and CVs to oversee quality improvement initiatives and learning exchanges related to case management and referral networks.
- Conduct regular visit to assess participatory Savings and Internal Lending Groups,empowered households and AGYW engaged in life skills program.
- Provide supportive supervision, mentoring, and training to the community case worker with regular feedback to CSO partners and project technical staff.
- Identifies and refers cases of children who have faced abuse, neglect, coerced or raped to the state/ LGA child protection centres for proper evaluation, reporting and follow-up services.
- In collaboration with CCCRN ICHSSA 1CSO staff and Community case workers undertake regular mentoring and visits to the field to review case files and provide supportive supervision to the CSOs documenting promising practices and promoting shared learnings across IPs and other actors.
- Collaborate with the SPO to develop and roll out procedures related to graduation and transition of OVC and their households as it pertains to case management, referrals and linkages.
- Other Duties Assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Senior Program Officer, HIV Care and Support Specialist, Linkage Facilitators.
- Supervisory: None
- External: Community Based Organizations
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
The CPM should possess the following:
- At least a degree in the field of Public health, or any health related discipline, Statistics, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Natural Sciences, or any other relevant qualifications.
- Experience in the use of statistical software and web-based script programs including ODK collects will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and spoken skills that include an attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft (excel and word) applications
- Ability to speak the local language is an added advantage
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom
- Only applicant domicile in the project LGAs should apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and cover letter (as a single MS Word document) to: [email protected] and indicate their preferred location in their application and email subject.
Note: CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.aa
Deadline: March 30, 2021
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|