JOB TITLE: Community TB Worker
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to L under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs of Lagos state (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine door to door search for TB in the community
- Collect information on persons screened in the households
- Identify presumptive TB cases using the screening checklist
- Collect sputum samples if presumptive TB cases are identified in the households
- Mark the houses visited
- Transfer specimen to the laboratory for tests
- Link positive cases to treatment at the nearest DOTS centres.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of OND / NCE in Sciences / JCHEW / CHEW with more than 3 years work experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a related role will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Deadline: August 13, 2021
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|