Community Volunteers needed at Center for Community Health and Development International (CHAD INT’L).
JOB TITLE: Community Volunteers
JOB LOCATION: Borno (Bama, Banki, Dikwa, Damboa, Dikwa, Damasak, Mafa, Pulka, Ngala)
Job Type Contract
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Duration: 12 months with possible renewal
- The community volunteer will support the project team and others to carry out fieldwork and other assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The volunteer, working under the supervision of the program lead and the child protection case worker will be responsible for identifying UASC and other vulnerable children with protection concern.
- Mobilizing and educating the beneficiaries in rural communities, as well as providing important feedback on programs field activities.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
The facilitators will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in fellow up of cases from time to time as may be determined by the program team or line manager.
- Collecting data as per the program requirements for its different sites which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one teaching with the child based on program developed and supplied by the program lead or child protection case worker.
- Submit completed reports and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program manager.
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and / or reporting.
- Recognize and give account by provide useful feedback from the beneficiaries
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma or its equivalent.
- Experience in working in a volatile area with peculiar nature of Borno state.
- Previous experience in leadership / governance or community engagement.
- Experience in community engagement, advocacy, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews.
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa. Kanuri speaking is highly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 3-pages of their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to “Human Resource Officer” via: [email protected] using “Preferred Location” as subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
- CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Deadline: October 1, 2020
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|