Computer Programming Instructor needed at Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI).
JOB TITLE: Computer Programming Instructor
JOB LOCATION: Delta, Port-Harcourt Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
- The job role involves the teaching of programming courses such as Python, PHP, HTML, Java, C++, C#, SQL, Android, etc.
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Technical Degree
- M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology etc. preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience teaching any of the following programming languages such as Python, Java, Web Development, C++, C#, SQL etc.
- Possession of other professional IT certifications for any of the programming languages of interest will be highly desirable
- Minimum of Two years’ experience in a computer programming instructional role
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Proficiency with programming languages stated above
- Evidence of applications developed using any of the programming languages listed above.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other current ICT tools
- Current working knowledge of all theory and practical applications for courses being taught.
- Ability to conduct research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] , [email protected] with the Job Title e.g. “Computer Programming Instructor” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: September 25, 2020