Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
Job Title: Consultant – Baseline Evaluation for Water for Agriculture Project
Job Type: Short Term
Terms of Reference
This Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the description and work to be done by a Lead Consultant and Associate to conduct baseline evaluation for Water for Agriculture Project of Catholic Relief Services.
- CRS places premium on selecting competent consultant consisting of a multi-disciplinary team with the requisite combination of skills, expertise and experience to carry out the baseline evaluation as the project components consist of water management for smallholder farmers and herders, capacity building for state and LG institutions for water management, improving productivity and income for smallholder farmers and herders, and conflict resolution amongst farmers and herders
- The Consultant must also be familiar with the USAID Feed the Future Indicator Guide and Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS)
- Ideally, the consulting firm should have an Associate with survey experience in water resource management, livestock and agronomy.
In addition, the Consultant should have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in evaluation of international development programming, preferably of recovery/resilience, infrastructure, livelihood and/or social cohesion programs;
- Evidence of having conducted similar USAID evaluation, especially in NE Nigeria on water resource management, agriculture and social cohesion programs.
- Experience in collection and analyses of large dataset using ICT4D platforms.
- Excellent data presentation skills using various data visualization tools PowerBI, Adobe Illustrator
- Use of statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Excel) and mapping tools (qGIS, ArcGIS) and relevant ICT4D platforms (such as ODK, Kobo, SurveyCTO etc) for data collection, transmission and analyses.
- Also, must be able to transcribe qualitative data using Excel, Atlas MindMap, etc
- CRS will pay a consultancy fee based upon a mutually agreeable daily consultancy rate. Logistics for field trips will be arranged separately. CRS will reimburse operational and logistical costs if they are identified and approved by the Consultancy Manager in advance.
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10%
- withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume attached as one document in PDF indicating the Title of the Consultancy and the Consultancy Code: BAW251019 to: [email protected]
|Job Category||Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning|
|Deadline||Thursday, 7th November, 2019.|