Job Title: Consultant, Health Facility Assessment for the “Health Resilience of North-East Nigeria (HeRoN)” Consortium Project
Requisition ID: Req8639
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Public healthcare in Nigeria has suffered from years of under funding, ranking in 2016 as one of the lowest healthcare expenditures in Africa and the world. This has contributed to Nigeria having the second highest total maternal mortality, second highest child mortality and some of the highest global rates of malaria, HIV, TB and neglected tropical diseases. Immunization coverage is dangerously low and while many health interventions are donor funded, the country is expected to be ineligible for a range of foreign health financing, including from the Global Fund and World Bank, over the next two decades.
Profile of consultant(s)
The Health Facility Assessment and Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices survey call is open to all interested and qualified national and/or international consultants meeting the under-listed criteria:
- Master’s degree or higher in Health background, Nutrition, Public health or related field with strong understanding of humanitarian emergency programming.
- At least 10 years proven experience in research, assessments and evaluations in areas of health, nutrition, reproductive health and health systems strengthening in emergency context.
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- A good understanding of consortium programming
- Excellent analytical, presentation and writing skills in English
- Experience in similar assignments or context in health programming.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should be addressed to the “HR Coordinator (Joan Wuya)” via: [email protected] stating the subject line “HeRoN Baseline Survey”
Proposal deadlines and Contact Details
This consultancy assignment is anticipated to start in April, lasting between 35-40 working days including final report submission. The deadline for submission of technical and financial Expression of Interests and other accompanying documents is 20 March 2020 at 12:00am Western Africa Standard Time (GMT +1). The criteria for submitting Expression of Interests are outlined below:
- Detailed technical proposal with clear understanding and interpretation of the ToR, including tasks, recommended survey methodology and proposed work plan and timeline for the two assignments. The proposal should include highlights of relevant experience and technical expertise in the health sector and/or health systems strengthening work. (maximum 4 pages)
- Detailed, itemized financial proposal cost, including daily professional fee and any other associated costs. All costs should be indicated in the submission. The IRC will only cover field related costs to program areas during field work. All costs need to be clearly stated in the bid submission.
- CVs of key personnel that will be involved in executing the assignment.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||20th March, 2020.|