Cost Share & Sub-Awards Finance Officer is needed at Mercy Corps
JOB TITLE: Cost Share & Sub-Awards Finance Officer
Reference Number: ABV / OPS / 2020 / 0025
LOCATION: Yola, Adamawa
Position Status: Full-time
Program / Department Summary
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Knowledge and Experience
- Four or more years of compliance and finance experience is required.
- Experience with USAID awards with cost share reporting preferred
- A University Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent is required.
- Two years’ experience in the compliance Department of an international NGO is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building. S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- In particular, the successful candidate will be willing to travel to locations within Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States in the LGAs outside the state capitals according to the needs of the Mercy Corps program. This will mean sometimes staying and working in stressful environments with very basic living conditions, strictly following security protocols at all times and sometimes working long and irregular hours).
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||5th June, 2020.|