JOB TITLE: Credit Analyst
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Credit Risk Analyst will assist in assessing the creditworthiness of an individual or company.
- This would be done by gathering financial/non-financial information about an obligor and making recommendations as appropriate on credits.
- He/she should be up to date on the happenings in various industries to enhance the quality/requirements for credit applications and be able to make recommendations to the organization on procedural or policy changes.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Evaluate clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them.
- Review and analyze credit requests to determine financial and non-financial strengths, risk levels, and feasibility of proposed credit relationships and transactions.
- Prepare reports and communicate regularly about the degree of risk in lending money to clients.
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications.
- Fill out loan applications and include the credit analysis and loan request summaries, then submitting these loan applications to loan committees for their approval.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, changed requests, refinancing and annual due diligence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related fields
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience
- Professional qualification in; Financial Risk Management (FRM), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Superior quantitative analysis skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of financial statements, spreadsheets, ratios, and concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and research skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good investigative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SQL/relational databases and or related software
Deadline: September 30, 2021
|Job Category||Analyst/ Quality Control|