Crisis Prevention and Recovery Advisor is needed at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE: Crisis Prevention and Recovery Advisor
Job ID: 30040
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Crisis Prevention and Recovery – CRISIS PREVENTION
Vacancy Type: FTA International
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Nigeria is a country with enormous potential: it is endowed with a population of 200 million, relatively good access to skills, capital and technology, fertile land, mineral resources and a favorable geographic location. With an abundance of resources, it is Africa’s biggest oil exporter, and has the largest natural gas reserves on the continent. It is the largest economy in Africa and constitutes 17% of African GDP, accounts 13% of African export, and about 47% of West Africa’s population.
- Nigeria is a key regional player in West Africa and is a member the African Union (AU), the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA), the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC), and the renewed engagement and interest in the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree, preferably in International Development, International Affairs, Business Administration, Development Economics, or another relevant field
- At least 10 years field experience, with a minimum 5 years international experience in countries facing situation of protracted crisis and fragility;
- Extensive experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of prevention and resilience strategies and projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments.
- Knowledge and understanding of crisis prevention, preparedness, response and recovery; resilience; stabilisation; transition; etc.); international crisis response architecture (including humanitarian system; peacekeeping operations; special political missions; etc.); gender equality in the context of programming in humanitarian and early recovery settings) and relevant policy and tools
- Proven ability to coordinate crisis response with UN entities, including knowledge of UN policies and procedures on crisis response and complex emergencies, as well as related management of information;
- Experience in conflict and resilience programming
- Experience working in a crisis context as part of UN Management highly desirable.
- Fluent and proficient in English.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||30th April, 2020.|