CSSF West Africa Programme Finance Manager is needed at British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria
JOB TITLE: CSSF West Africa Programme Finance Manager
Ref Id: 14/20 ABJ
Grade: C4 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Start Date: 1 October 2020
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: CSSF – Conflict Stability and Security Fund
Main Purpose of Job
- The Conflict, Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) West Africa team, British High Commission Abuja, a rapidly growing team, is looking for a confident and proactive finance and compliance manager to maintain oversight of a £35m p.a. regional portfolio across West Africa.
- The CSSF is an FCO managed global cross-HMG fund which brings together the UK’s contribution to stability, security and defence activities in countries at risk of instability.
- The job holder will work directly to the Head of CSSF West Africa and be based in Abuja.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree
- Have a strong programme and project cycle management skills and experience. This will include evidence of successful programme/project/other financial management and application of sound procurement principles and financial planning and budgeting.
- Be able to master quickly FCO’s financial and programme management systems.
- Have a strong understanding of systems and tools for financial planning and budgeting, including excel, and financial results monitoring such as use of variance analysis to inform future decision making.
- Be able to constructively challenge existing norms and basis for assumptions, particularly on financial forecasts and budgets.
- Be articulate, competent in drafting high quality written communication, and have excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to engage effectively with technical level staff in government and other donors, build relationships and be able to negotiate with others.
- Have experience of working with commercial suppliers, multi-lateral agencies, civil society, government and development partners to identify problems/obstacles and develop/implement practical solutions.
- The ability to work as part of a team to deliver results, be a self-starter and able to take and see-through delegated decisions.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||10th August, 2020.|