Job Title: Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 401
Location: Abuja or Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Data Analyst would support the program teams in developing data collection tools, analyzing and presenting data to different audiences, ensuring appropriate data warehousing, quality control and improving data collection and management systems.
- The Data Analyst will also focus on developing and coordinating systems and processes that engage and solicit data management and reporting analytics across program teams.
- The individual must be a business professional and would be responsible for a diverse set of data analytics-related tasks which must be performed with decisiveness and accuracy for effective business performance.
- Supports in the development of data collection tools for program implementation.
- Supports the retrieval, review and validation of data, survey, interview scripts, reports and other documentation submitted from stakeholders across different projects.
- Contribute to codifying the lessons learned from HSDF-supported activities
- Drives and leads appropriate and accurate analysis and interpretation of data.
- Supports development of business use cases and translation into analytical models
- Develop diverse communication materials (including presentations), targeting different audiences.
- Recommends system enhancements to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, and database editing procedures for various projects.
- Supports data warehousing and identifying and revising reporting requirements; supports initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Supports the evaluation, documentation and automation of data management and curation processes, including data ingestion, transformation, quality control and dissemination.
- Observes and documents global data best practices
The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- A Master’s or higher degree in data science, statistics, economics, geography or environment-related fields, with a strong quantitative and computational background is an added advantage.
- Work experience as a Data Analyst or in a related field
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of modern statistics, scripting and programming languages such as STATA, R, and/or Python and associated software libraries.
- Familiarity with SQL, database systems, and the management of data in enterprise environments is an advantage.
- Knowledge in managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security and metadata
- Demonstrated expertise in ability to transform raw data into meaningful analysis, including proven ability to collect, synthesize, and draw actionable conclusions from available data
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Demonstrated familiarity with the national health data management platforms (e.g. DHIS 2.0, NNRIMS etc.)
- Possesses the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze, interpret and integrate data information from varied sources into clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Has strong writing and data presentation skills, including data visualization.
- Ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work remotely yet collaboratively with others in a participative management environment, working independently as well as working in a team.
- Must be able to take initiative where appropriate, proffer solutions to bottlenecks and challenges
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: January 31, 2021
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|