JOB TITLE: Data Analyst
JOB LOCATION: Ibadan, Oyo
- Develop experimental designs and plot layouts for cassava trials;
- Ensure assembly, curation, and validation of cassava field data;
- Conduct routine data analysis for cassava breeding trials including exploratory data analysis, numerical and visual data summary, inferential statistics (understanding the basic concept of hypothesis and estimation), correlation and regression, t-test, ANOVA, and multivariate analysis (PCA, Discriminant Analysis and Clustering);
- Carry out analysis of cassava breeding trials including data assembly, curation and validation, trial analysis including analysis of variance, estimation of variance components, BLUPS and BLUEs;
- Develop appropriate selection indices for rapid selection and advancement of cassava genotypes/lines from one breeding cycle to another;
- Conduct analysis within the time needed to make selection decisions and plant new trials;
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Statistics, Agricultural Science or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Be honest and hardworking with good interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Deadline: March 31, 2021
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|