Job Title: Data Hub Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
- Under the supervision of the MEL Advisor, the Data Hub Specialist will oversee the development and management of education-oriented Data Hub activities within the USAID Addressing Education in Northeast Nigeria (AENN) activity in both Borno and Yobe states.
- The Database Specialist will partner closely with State and LGA-level education authorities in both states, as well as project staff and other stakeholders, to build capacity in data collection, management, visualization, analysis, utilization, and oversee the flow of education data collection from a range of sources and ensure that data is used for decision-making.
- B.Sc/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years post national youth service and relevant experience.
- Or MSc/MA in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years post national youth service and relevant experience.
- Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS), data utilization, data management, information management and/or database management is required and NGO/INGO preferably.
- Experience working in crisis or conflict-affected areas is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of education programming in Nigeria. Knowledge of education in emergency concepts is an added advantage Basic project management skills, such as developing work plans and budgets.
- Strong background in information management, ideally including government information management systems in education or a related sector. Knowledge of information management technologies.
- Experience partnering with governments on capacity building activities.
- Ability to speak Kanuri or Hausa is an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of how to effectively visualize and utilize data for decision-making.
Deadline: October 9, 2020
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|