Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Officers is needed at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
JOB TITLE: Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Officer
Job ID: 13-11087
LOCATIONS: Zamfara, Plateau, Benue & Nasarawa
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 – PMI – S
Reports To: Monitoring & Evaluation/Health System Strengthening Officer.
Slot: 4 Openings
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The objective of the Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Officer position is to support data quality management, including data collection, quality checks, and reporting at the state, LGA and community levels as applicable.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. A post-graduate degree in a related Medical Statistics and Epidemiology discipline is an added advantage.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of malaria M&E systems in Nigeria and/or comparable country contexts.
- Familiarity with data validation tools.
- Excellent knowledge of use of DHIS2.
- Excellent computer skills, including in Excel and in at least one statistical software package, preferably Stata, alternatively SPSS or R; knowledge of other data software an advantage, such as mapping software.
- Demonstrated experience in managing malaria program data, with a record of achieving program objectives.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of health systems’ dynamics and challenges in data management in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, flexible and open to extra working hours, if necessary.
- Very good negotiation and communication skills and ability to express views and ideas.
Important Information / Notice
- Kindly note that recruitment for this job position is contingent upon receiving funding and donor approval.
- Interested candidates are required to indicate, on the last page of their CVs, 3 states in order of preference, where they would be willing to work in.
- They are to choose from the following states – Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nasarawa.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible. This advertisement will be closed early if we are able to find enough suitable candidates.
- Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|