Corporate Headhunters Limited is recruiting candidates for a Data Science Intern.
JOB TITLE: Data Science Intern
JOB LOCATION: Onikan, Lagos
- We are looking for a Data Science Intern for our client. The data science intern will be responsible for managing the successful design and production of major data initiatives across all customer-facing channels.
- She/he will provide a critical link between the most technical areas of the organization and those who use data science products to personalize customer experiences. Balancing a deep technical understanding with excellent business acumen is needed to:
- Successfully build never-been-done-before solutions in a Big Data environment and
- Interface with Product Management and Engineering teams.
- The intern will be exposed to various software technologies for data science and machine learning. Projects varies from Exploratory Data Analysis to developing of analytical solutions within different domains, applying by applying statistical models and machine learning models
- Performing some data exploration on the collected data and identify common patterns in the customer workflows.
- Extract insights from data that helps in model building.
- Visualize the aggregated data on Tableau or qlikview or any open data visualization tool.
- Design ML algorithms to improve some of the existing workflows. This work is done together with other data scientists.
- Integrate the data with a Streaming Platform like Kafka, this work is done together with other developers.
- Increase technology knowledge and skills.
- Develop team-based work competencies.
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with day-to-day business through follow up activities on projects.
- Develop machine learning expertise: GLM Regression (Linear, Logit, Multinomial), Decision Tree (including Boosted Trees, Random Forest), kMeans/Hierarchical Clustering among others.
- B.Sc in any discipline
- A background in a quantitative or technical field and great interest in working with large data sets to influence data-driven decision making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- As a self-starter, you desire to work in a fast-paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- You’re a fantastic team player, communicator, and facilitator. You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks.
- Excellent quality experience, excellent communication skills, ability to work closely with project teams, dedication to the successful delivery within tight timelines, leveraging Agile project management methodologies.
- Understanding of the technologies to be used.
- Self-motivated; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and must be intellectually curious with a strong passion to learn and grow.
- Display great problem-solving abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess ability to collaborate as part of a team and work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] Let the subject of the email be “Data Science Intern”
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|
|Deadline||7th February, 2020.|