Data Scientist is needed at BusinessDay
JOB TITLE: Data Scientist
- Businessday is looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data.
- The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
- They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders to set up Businessday Data Service business
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|
|Deadline||Friday, 31st July, 2020.|