Database Administrator is needed at One Acre Fund
JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: Full Time
- Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, to analyzing loan repayments, and so on.
- Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React, Docker, Power BI, Elasticsearch and MS SQL, and our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, and Azure DevOps.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and manage our internal databases, holding millions of farmer records and processing tens of thousands of mobile money transactions a day, and support heavy BI analysis jobs.
- Work in a highly distributed environment with numerous replication systems including with offline or low-connectivity systems.
- Manage and automate our database deployments.
- Support developers to analyze, troubleshoot, tune their database usage.
- You’ll report to our Senior DBA.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of experience in IT
- DBA experience in MS SQL Server is required
- Experience with SQL Server Merge Replication is a major plus
- Scripting skills required in one major language (Powershell, bash, Python)
- Experience with one No-SQL database (MongoDB, CouchBase) is a plus
- BI skills (Hadoop, Spark, Power BI) are a plus
- Awareness of database DevOps tools (RedGate, DBUp, Flyway) is appreciated
- Curious mind and a willingness to help feed the world
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years
- Language: English.
Preferred Start Date
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Sponsor International Candidates:
- Yes, Rwandans are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Freelance / Data Entry|
|Deadline||28th June, 2020.|