Job Title: Database Officer (MEAL)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator, the database Officer will be in charge of data entry, data analysis and backing up of information collected on the field.
Data and Tools Management:
- The database officer is in charge of:
- The design and management of operational and MEAL databases
- Maintaining updated program databases
- Entering data provided into the appropriate software
- Ensuring the security of computer data
- Attend the training of field staff about the new tools developed
- Support the teams in the analysis of information and data gathered
- Archive paper, electronic data and reports and making them available to the teams on request.
- Maintain updated location maps for Solidarités International (SI) activities by using ArcGIS, QGIS and Power-bi
- Prepare, on request, maps to illustrate the reports
- Support analysis and decision making through a relevant mapping of the humanitarian situation.
Reporting / Communication:
- Keep tools and files archived and secured at the offices of SI accessible to his/her line manager;
- Support in the design of surveys and other data collection tools with XLSform and their upload to Kobo server;
- Participate in collaboration with the program team and MEAL teams in the analysis and processing of data
- Participate in collaboration with program and MEAL teams in the production of graphs based on the data collected.
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns;
- Develop interactive dashboards for different program interventions by using PowerBi, Tableau software etc.
Organisation Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships)
- Line manager: MEAL Coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Data Entry Clerk
- Functional manager: MEAL Coordinator
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 2-3 years’ relevant experience;
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts and skills utilized in creating and maintaining relational databases and linking them with GIS;
- Knowledge and expertise in using GIS software such as ArcGIS, Kobo Toolbox, Power-BI and Tableau etc.;
- Previous experience with SI Nigeria will be highly preferable;
- Good spoken and written command of English and Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri languages.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Deadline: September 22, 2021
|Job Category||Software/ Programming / Web development|