JOB TITLE: Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) – USAID Water Resource Management
JOB LOCATION: Cross River
- Mininum of 5 years’ professional experience in Nigeria, in WASH implementation and in managing or implementing development programs.
- A Master’s Degree in Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, International Development, Environment, or related field of study.
- Excellent management skills and good knowledge of USG procedures and policies, agreement compliance, financial planning and management, procurement, sub-award management, and other management support areas/functions, including the ability to manage multidisciplinary teams.
- Familiarity with the political, economic, social, and cultural context of Nigeria is required.
- Strong understanding of WASH governance structures in Nigeria with particular reference to Akwa-Ibom and Cross River states.
- Possess solid foundation in a broad range of WASH subjects preferred, including areas such as innovative sanitation, Water Resources Management, Sanitation marketing, water for the poor, tariff and cost recovery, hygiene promotion, operation and maintenance, institutional strengthening and sector reform.
- Experience in designing or managing small town or village level water systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in English language with a working knowledge of the local language, of the proposed project location.
- A strong knowledge and experience of work with or on USAID supported projects/programmes is highly essential.
Our People Promise
- We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
- In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
- This is our pledge to you.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a single word document to: [email protected] clearly stating the Job Title in the subject of the email.
- To qualify for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria.
- If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, Kindly apply.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
Deadline: May 17, 2021
|Job Category||Business Development Management|